When invited to a black tie optional wedding, it can be difficult to know what to wear. Do you go with a formal dress or something more casual? In the summer, a sundress might be appropriate, while in the winter a coat and dress or suit might be better. No matter the season, these tips will help you choose the perfect outfit, black tie optional wedding guest dresses:
1. Check the dress code. The first step is to check the dress code on the invitation. If it doesn’t say anything about black tie optional, assume that means you can wear whatever you want.
2. Consider the venue. If the wedding is taking place at a church or other formal venue, you’ll probably want to err on the side of being more formal. A summer wedding at the beach might be more relaxed, though.
3. Think about the time of day. A daytime wedding will probably be less formal than an evening one.
4. Consider your style. If you’re not comfortable in a suit or dress, don’t force yourself into one just because it’s a wedding. Choose something you’ll feel good about and that reflects your style.
5. Accessorize accordingly. Once you’ve chosen your outfit, add the finishing touches with accessories. A statement necklace or scarf can dress up a more casual look, while a simple clutch or pair of earrings can add a touch of elegance to a more formal outfit.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect black tie optional wedding guest outfit, no matter the season!
See also: Tea Length Dresses For Wedding Guest
Black Tie Optional Wedding Guest Dresses Summer
In summer, outdoor weddings are popular. The temperatures are warm, the sun is shining, and the flowers are in full bloom. Black tie optional wedding guest dresses for summer should be light and airy, with a touch of elegance.
A maxi dress with a flowy skirt and a fitted bodice is a great option. Or go for a shorter dress with a skirt that hits just above the knee. For a more formal look, choose a black tie optional wedding guest dress with a train.
Black Tie Optional Wedding Guest Dresses Winter
For winter weddings, you’ll want to choose a black tie optional wedding guest dress that is both stylish and warm. A long-sleeved dress is a good choice, as it will keep you warm without sacrificing style. A velvet dress is a luxurious option for a winter wedding. Or go for a sequined dress to add some sparkle to your look.